Boom Town Derby Dames is a 501 (c)(3) non profit league that is dedicated to providing an opportunity for all women to challenge themselves physically through the sisterhood of roller derby while supporting and being supported by our community.
- Support and Develop amateur athletes to promote competitive sport of Roller Derby
- Operate as a non-profit organization, aid local charitable purposes and assist in community service
- Encourage it's members to have a voice, offer help and suggestions that potentially strengthen BTDD
- Have an open door policy when it comes to committee meeting
- Interact with women from all walks of life
- Encourage cooperation and minimize conflict
- Utilize the natural strength, unity and drive of all women
- Encourage members to have a hands-on DIY approach to the league
- Promote the importance of roller derby safety, standards and athleticism
- Create a league that is safe for members, promoting good will, camaraderie and teamwork
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
BOOM TOWN Joins the Women's Flat Track Derby Association
AUSTIN, TEXAS – The Women’s Flat Track Derby Association (WFTDA) is proud to announce today that the Boom Town Derby Dames have been accepted as a full member of the WFTDA, the international governing body for the sport of women’s flat track roller derby and a member organization for leagues to collaborate and network.
As a new member of the WFTDA, Boom Town joins the ranks of 378 all-female, skater-owned-and-operated leagues worldwide that have united to lead the sport of women's flat track roller derby. After successfully completing the WFTDA Apprentice Program, they can now enjoy the benefits of full WFTDA membership, including the ability to compete in sanctioned games that qualify for WFTDA ranking.
About the WFTDA
The Women’s Flat Track Derby Association is the governing body for women’s flat-track roller derby, and a membership organization for the leagues to collaborate and network. The organization created and maintained the first standardized ruleset for the flat-track game, now in its fourth edition. The WFTDA also serves as the sanctioning body for games, hosts tournaments, sets safety standards and provides insurance to athletes and leagues. There are currently 308 WFTDA member leagues and more than 80 apprentice leagues worldwide.
Stop by a practice!
The Mat-Su Borough Gym
350 E Dahlia Avenue
Palmer, AK 99645
Starting in October 2015:
Rookie & Rollergirl Practice: Tuesday, Thursday, and Sunday 6-8pm
New Skaters: Wednesday 6-8pm & Sunday 4:30-6:30pm.
Contact us at email@example.com so we can expect you.